Summer is on its way, which means you’ll be throwing al fresco dinner parties very soon. Planning a dinner party is exciting, but it can also be stressful. You have to think about drinks, appetizers, the entrée, side dishes and dessert along with table decorations and place settings. Guests love to be greeted with a drink in one hand and an appetizer in the other, which is why we’ve created this easy and delicious bruschetta recipe that uses our wonderful avocado oil.
This recipe, created by Maite Gomez-Rejon of ArtBites, is a variation of the traditional Catalan tapa, Pan con Tomate (Tomato Toast) and the popular avocado toast. Made in the La Mancha region of Spain, Manchego is a sheep’s cheese aged between 60 days and two years. It can only be made using the whole milk of sheep of the Manchega breed that are raised on registered farms within a designated area. Trust us, your guests will leave raving about it!
2 large garlic cloves, halved crosswise
2 ripe tomatoes
2 avocados, mashed
½ pound Manchego cheese
AVOCARE Extra Virgin Garlic or Chipotle Avocado Oil for drizzling
To make the bruschetta:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the bread into ½-inch thick slices, lightly brush with AVOCARE Extra Virgin Avocado Oil and toast, 8 to 10 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Remove bread from oven and rub garlic over the hot toast.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and rub the open face of the tomatoes into the bread slices until the flesh is gone. Discard the skins.
- Smear about two tablespoons of avocado over each prepared toast. Grate the cheese over the avocado. Lightly drizzle with your AVOCARE Extra Virgin Avocado Oil of choice, sprinkle with sea salt and serve.
What is your favorite appetizer to make for dinner parties? Leave us a comment below.