Sweet potatoes were domesticated in Peru since the 9th century BC and by the 3rd century BC had spread to the Caribbean.
- 1 ½ pounds sweet potatoes, peeled
- 3 tablespoons AVOCARE Extra Virgin Natural Avocado Oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Place a wire cooling rack on two large baking sheets, and spray with cooking spray or rub with oil.
2. Halve sweet potatoes then stand each half on its flat side. Slice into ¼ inch pieces. Lay pieces flat and cut into ¼ inch fries. Take time to be precise here – consistent sizing produces the best fries.
3. Add potatoes to a bowl with oil, salt and cayenne and toss thoroughly to combine.
4. Place sweet potatoes on the racks, careful not to overcrowd them. Bake for 45 minutes, then enjoy hot out of the oven.
This recipe is from AVOCARE spokesperson, Maite Gomez-Rejón. Visit her site ArtBites here.