1 garlic clove
½ teaspoon salt
⅔ cups toasted pumpkin seeds
2 cups tightly packed fresh basil leaves
¼ cup grated Parmagiano-Reggiano
½ cup AVOCARE Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Place the garlic clove and the salt in the mortar and crush until they form a paste.
- Add the toasted pumpkin seeds and continue working until the seeds are completely ground.
- Add the basil leaves and crush, using the sides of the bowl to break up the leaves completely.
- Repat with the cheese until mix is well blended and mostly uniform in texture.
- Put the pesto mix in a bowl and slowly drizzle in the avocado oil until desired consistency is achieved.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve at room temperature in salads, or over pasta, fish, chicken, meat or grilled vegetables. Refrigerate up to a week or freeze (you can freeze in ice cube trays to thaw and use as needed.