Thyme is an ancient symbol of life energy, spirit and bravery. Taken in vinegar and honey, it was thought to cure hypochondria and melancholy.
- 1 baguette
- AVOCARE Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- 1 pear, halved and pitted and thinly sliced (depending on the season, you can substitute peaches or figs)
- 6 very thin slices of prosciutto, cut into pieces
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- thyme sprigs
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the bread into ½-inch thick slices, lightly brush with AVOCARE Extra Virgin Avocado Oil and toast, 8 to 10 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Remove the toasted bread from the oven and lay the prosciutto slices over it. Top with the thinly slice pear halves. Sprinkle with blue cheese and sea salt and drizzle with honey and thyme to serve.
This recipe is from AVOCARE spokesperson, Maite Gomez-Rejón. Visit her site ArtBites here.