Rachael Hartley, blogger at Avocado a Day Nutrition, crafted this delicious recipe for Fried Avocado Tacos with Creamy Jalapeño Sauce that features AVOCARE Extra Virgin Avocado Oil.Her original posting can be found HERE. Enjoy!
For the Creamy Jalapeño Sauce:
1-2 jalapeños (depending on how spicy you like it)
½ cup plain yogurt
Juice of ½ lime
For the Tacos:
2 large avocados
⅓ cup whole wheat flour
1 cup whole grain panko
¼-1/3 cup Avocare avocado oil
12 corn tortillas
3 radishes, diced
Lime, cut into wedges
- First, make the jalapeño yogurt sauce. Turn on the broiler. Place the jalapeños on a baking sheet and place under the broiler. Flip after a few minutes to char on each side.
- Once charred, remove and place in a small bowl. Top with saran wrap and let sit a few minutes to cool. This allows the steam to loosen the skins.
- When cool, peel the skins off the jalapeño. Cut away the stem and remove the seeds. Chop the jalapeño finely and place in a bowl with the yogurt and lime juice. Stir to combine and season with salt.
- Next, prepare the breading. Place the flour in a bowl and season liberally with salt and pepper. Whisk the egg in a separate bowl with 2 tablespoons of water. Place the panko in a third bowl.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Slice each half into about 6 spears.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Dip each avocado slice in flour and coat. Then transfer for a quick dip in the egg, then coat with panko breadcrumbs.
- Transfer avocado slices to the hot pan, working in batches. Fry 2-3 minutes on each side until browned and crispy. Using a slotted spatula, remove to a plate covered with a paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Repeat until all the avocado slices are fried.
- Heat the tortillas in a microwave or over a gas flame. Top with cabbage, cilantro leaves, avocado slices and jalapeño sauce. Serve with lime wedges.
Makes 12 tacos