Feta is the most popular of the Greek cheeses. It’s sharp and salty flavor tastes scrumptious when paired with roasted red peppers and tomatoes in this bruschetta recipe. Trust us, it is sure to be a hit at your next get together with friends! The best thing about this recipe is that people will think they are about to bite into what is a typical bruschetta, but will be pleasantly surprised when their tastes buds meet the unbelievable flavor this dish has to offer. Our basil flavored avocado oil adds the extra boost of flavor that makes this bruschetta a great recipe to serve on a warm summer night.
- For the feta spread:
1 baguette, sliced
- ½ pound feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons AVOCARE Extra Virgin Basil Avocado Oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons basil, coarsely chopped
- pinch pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus more as needed
For the topping:
3 roasted red peppers, diced (or a 12 oz jar of roasted red peppers, drained and chopped)
½ pint of grape tomatoes, diced
¼ cup Kalamata olives, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup basil, chopped
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
AVOCARE Extra Virgin Basil Avocado Oil for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the bread into ½-inch thick slices, lightly brush with AVOCARE Extra Virgin Basil Avocado Oil and toast, 8 to 10 minutes, until light golden brown.
- In a food processor, combine the feta cheese, basil avocado oil, garlic, basil and red pepper flakes and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine diced tomatoes, roasted red peppers, olives, garlic, basil, vinegar and salt and pepper.
- Immediately before serving, spread a layer of feta spread on the baguette slices and top with roasted red pepper, tomato and olive mixture. Drizzle with AVOCARE Extra Virgin Basil Avocado Oil and sea salt and serve.
This recipe is from AVOCARE spokesperson, Maite Gomez-Rejon. Visit her website, Artbites, here.
What is your favorite appetizer for parties? Leave us a comment below.