It’s easy to get stuck in a routine where you have the same handful of go-to side dishes that complement your favorite main courses. After all, it can be challenging to find new and exciting dishes that can pair with those courses just as well. Luckily, this week we are highlighting a side dish that is so great you may find yourself planning dinners around it.
- 3 pounds new potatoes, unpeeled
- 2 lemons
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- several sprigs fresh thyme
- AVOCARE Extra Virgin Garlic Avocado Oil
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Wash the potatoes to remove the dirt. If potatoes are small – about the size of a ping-pong ball – leave the whole, otherwise cut into halves or quarters.
- Cut the 2 lemons into thick slices. Remove seeds. Put the potatoes in a baking dish in a single layer and scatter over the lemon slices, garlic, and thyme. Drizzle AVOCARE Extra Virgin Garlic Avocado Oil generously over everything and toss with your hands, making sure each potato is covered in oil. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, turning everything at least once, until the lemons are starting to caramelize and the potatoes are golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Remove the thyme sprigs, toss with the fresh parsley and chives and serve immediately.
What is your favorite side dish that you can’t stop making? Have you tried making it with AVOCARE Extra Virgin Garlic Avocado Oil? Share your ideas and recipe adventures in the comments below!